Saturday, January 7, 2012

Promise

Last December I visited a relative of my friend. He was around 40 and was, in some sense, an accomplished doctor. I had talked to him and acknowledged his experience as well as knowledge. He was far from a normal, average person.

However, his house looked like a derelict place. Everything was covered by dirt. On some part of the wall, the paint had fell off to the floor or partially fell off. There wasn't any furniture in the building, except for a refrigerator with little food inside. The dim neon light instead of brighten the place, made it looked even worse. The kitchen and the toilet looked messed up and terrible as well. 
I couldn't imagine staying in a place like that for long. My friend said it wasn't always like that, but after he divorced few years ago, he (kind of) stopped caring, and lived a temporary life. It was natural that his house degraded to this state. Although I respected him, and believed that it was not his desire to live in that state (no one would want so), I was disappointed by what was presented in front of me.

That moment, I thought: would something similar happened to me in the future? Then I made a promise to myself that whatever happened, I wouldn't give up on life. Well, that sounds general, but in the smallest ways, I will clean my house and reorganize my stuff every weekend. I will attend to even small little things in my home, because I believe they affects the owner's outlook greatly. I'll look after myself and take responsible for my own well being.

2 comments:

  1. Of course now that I know that kind of mistake, I would try to avoid; however, I am referring to failure, or some catastrophic event in general. And btw, it's not easy to find and 'marry the right woman' right.

    ReplyDelete