Friday, March 19, 2010

10 things that annoy programmers

http://www.kevinwilliampang.com/2008/08/28/top-10-things-that-annoy-programmers/

This is a very interesting article about programmers. You will easily nod your head in agreement with what is written. Me too. But as a programmer, I also realize how easy it is to fail to fix these problems.
Follow is the point I'm most interested in

9. Interruptions

Very few programmers can go from 0 to code at the drop of a hat. In general, we tend to be more akin to locomotives than ferraris; it may take us awhile to get started, but once we hit our stride we can get an impressive amount of work done. Unfortunately, it’s very hard to get into a programming zone when your train of thought is constantly being derailed by clients, managers, and fellow programmers.
 The reason being recently I noticed how I could get to my nerves by all people talking around me while I was coding, and also that I might several times annoyed my fellow teammates during their working.

Haha, that all is to say apology to anyone that feel being annoyed by me, I will try to not do that next time. For others, the article may help you in dealing with (other) programmers in your groups!

Nice day!

2 comments:

  1. Thats why there is a Programmers Bill of Rights
    http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2006/08/the-programmers-bill-of-rights.html

    Which states Quiet Working Conditions.. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha the list is so cool :D. I haven't got 2 monitors = (

    ReplyDelete