Thursday, July 1, 2010

To the highest mountain


July will mark the day I conquer the Fansipang mountain, the highest mountain in the Indochina (including Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia). It's 3143m tall. I know, it's cool, right?

This time I will go with a bunch of new friends. I actually found the group in a forum for this kind of travel (there's a particular word describe the kind of traveling - Phuot, meaning kinda reckless, into the nature, or from a sudden inspiration, usually self prepared traveling.) So I joined them! I met them the first time last night (except for a friend of mine who I managed to drag into the group with me). First impression says they are easy going and humorous. A good start.

Why did I do this? I actually asked the people in the group their motivation. Well, first we must admit that it is something quite cool, and a little dangerous too! Going a long way through the jungle, sleeping outside, etc. But the result is promised to be exhilarating and novel. Thus, though till now many groups have climbed the mountain, it hasn't lost its charm. So climbing the mountain is a reckless doing of the youth. A girl in the group wants to climb to the top of the mountain to celebrate her birthday there. Some other friends have just graduated from the universities, so they want it to be kinda the last, peaked act of youth, before start working seriously. How about me? I seek for a new experience, new challenge. I seek for understanding.


The trip will start on 6 July and end on 10 July.

3 comments: