Monday, August 16, 2010

Disturbance in the mind.

It's nearly 1 month since I come back to Singapore already. I can say it's a long month, with many things happened. This entry is about 1 of the experience that I want to write about.

I remembered Bernard commented on the post about Happiness that I might not be able to hold my thoughts when I faced the workload at school. To some extend, it did happen in the last month. It is important to note it down, in case I might fall into the same trap again. I should better write the experience down, hopefully to remember it better.

Last week, I realized I didn't keep my mind very clear and positive. I was full of worries, avoided work and felt lost. It was due to the strenuous ACM training, the amount of work I was expected to do this semester. I was kind of freak out. A lots of work will be new to me so I shunned for awhile too. All these thoughts surely didn't do anything good to my mind.


A part of the (source of the) problem comes from other people. I realized that many people spoke bullshit and I unconsciously let their negative voice entered my mind, or let their goal influenced mine. Keeping view of an observant is not easy.


It was an awakening moment, I realized I need to fix my mindsets. Again. Here are the relevant ones:

- I like adventure. I like explore new thing. My life must be a series of adventures. Remember how awesome past experiences were, so that I can overcome the initial fear of facing new things.


- What need to be done must be done properly. Plan early. Execute early. Work by priority, not difficulty. Decide priority by commitment and importance.

- There will be problems arise from the things I commit to do. However, problems are there to challenge my ability and creativity. Instead of shunning, I must keep thinking about problems and solutions. Try and try. It's fine to fail but it's not to fear. So far I'm sure I'm creative and smart.

- Life is about choice. I don't have to do everything, especially don't have to follow what others do or want. I must remember what is my choice and what is not, what is important to me, what I want to do.

- Do not think, pretend or appear to be down. Keep smiling. Hold myself standing high. Keep my mind in check. If I can't hold it, take a break.

- Sometimes it is important to take a break: a meal with friends, an outing, a movie, a nap, go swimming, and esp. a bath. Many things doesn't require lots of time yet can have outstanding restoration effect. Work smart.

- Keep the time spend on Facebook and Yahoo/ MSN in check.

3 comments:

  1. Well said. :-)

    Remember you have to hold yourself to high standards.

    You can choose not to do things. However, when you agree to do something, you must deliver nothing less than your best. You have to achieve the level that I call "a little bit extra". When you can achieve that level, you will become a fantastic worker and you will never be out of a job. :-)

    You have to train yourself so that it becomes NATURAL for you to deliver only work that is of the highest standard. This is really just an attitude and it's all in the head. :-)

    We have the capacity to do A LOT. It is said, "what the mind can conceive and the heart can believe, can be achieved".

    Just look at JDFI Academy. Don't you think it's a completely crazy idea? I was completely NUTS to try it, but I thought it was a cool idea and I BELIEVED. I believed that together we can pull it off and we did. :-)

    A lot of people will tell you crap and that you can't do it, just because they cannot. Are you going to believe them? :-)

    You won't know how far you can go until you try. I have led by example. It's now up to you now if you want to follow. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you in love with some girls ? Why so desperate about happiness of general people ?

    See, I told you to deactivate your FB. I won !

    ReplyDelete