Friday, August 6, 2010

Sometimes

Reading some of my friends' notes in Facebook and this thought come to me:

Sometimes people are not as strong, independent, cheerful, decisive or cold as you think they are.
They might well hide their weak, down moments deep inside.
They might never reveal their strugglings.
They might have a delicate soul under a different cover.
They might be just a sensitive and emotional creature just like any other.

So?

Listen to them. Period.
Talk with them.
Encourage them to share.
Bring them to playground. Insist if you think it's necessary.
Care to them even when they appear to not need it.
Show appreciation and respect more often.
Do these things because you want to have them as friends.

But don't expect anything.
Don't expect them to share their thought and feeling right away, because it might just be their characteristic to not share. But be persistent on this.
Don't expect them to show appreciation in return, because that's not gonna happen usually.
Care not about their faults.
Accept them.
They might hurt you (unexpectedly).
But all are OK, as long as you want to have them as friends,

I am saying all of this because
I realize
Sometimes it's me
who needs to be listened,
who needs a little care.

4 comments:

  1. I recommend you remove the Google ads!!! It reduces your blog's value dramatically (i.e. from approximately 0 to negative!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha now at least it have positive value :-w don't argue with me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very deep thoughts! I agree with so much of this post ....

    although there is one part that really sparked off my curiosity. Do you really drag your friends to a real, literal playground? :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Daniel: good question. First, I think my friend would agree that I'm a good listener. Occasionally I would sms or call or ask friends for a lunch / dinner, asking them about stuff. (Sometimes it did turn out that they weren't in good shape). I'm still on the way of forming a habit of caring to my friends.
    In turn there was a good sister who occasionally drag me along to outing. Normally I'm not the kind of person who goes out a lot :-(

    ReplyDelete