Thursday, January 13, 2011

New semester has started!

*.. and it's gonna be really really long!

It's been a long time I haven't written anything. There were a lot of things I wanted to write about. However, you think you need sometimes for reflection after some days. Then after a few days, things became less relevant and you didn't have the urge feeling to write about them anymore.  You probably even forgot about them already.

In fact, that might be an attribute of Martians? I don't mean I'm a Martian but you sure know the analogy between men and Mars, women and Venus. It is said that men has a tendency to solve his problems by himself.  For awhile I tried to express my thoughts about different stuff, but then I still couldn't resist the men's tendency to hide in my cave and think about things on my own. Probably... Actually it's just a lame introduction about that I am taking a writing module named WP2201C Mars and Venus (Mis)Communication. Throughout the semester I will keep blogging the topic in this blog: http://justanearthling.blogspot.com/ Please follow it!

Another module I want to mention is CS3217, iPad Programming. Yes! I've loaned a brand new iPad for the whole semester! Com'on, how cool is that? (Does it sound like any particular person?) I'm planning to blog diligently about the learning experience during the course of the module. (Hopefully more often than how I blogged during CS3216 course). One thing I want to hight light about the course so far is how prof (prof == prof Ben Leong) appreciated writing good documentation. You probably think that it's a waste of time, or you tend to skip it. But it's NOT about you! It's about the ones that have to read and maintain your code. It's about that poor fellow, not you! Give him some mercy. In case you haven't read it, you probably want to read my old blog post about this matter: http://manhhung741.blogspot.com/2010/09/one-day-of-programmer.html. After the experience I've determined to write good comments and documentations of my code. I am carrying it out really seriously!

That's it for today! Stay tuned for more updates.

2 comments:

  1. Mars and Venus (Mis)Communication?!! that sounds interesting hahah :)

    All the best for 3217! have fun with iPad and the rest of the class!!

    Greetings from Edinburgh. Jiayou!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm planning to blog diligently about the learning experience during the course of the module.

    Very good. You are doing what's known as "deliberate practice", which requires reflection.
    http://www.missiontolearn.com/2010/04/deliberate-practice
    http://money.cnn.com/magazines/fortune/fortune_archive/2006/10/30/8391794/index.htm

    Regardless of what you choose to do and which field you decide to spend the rest of your life doing, master the art of "deliberate practice" and you will be able to achieve your full potential.

    All the best. :-)

    ReplyDelete